Friday, December 3, 2010

Lots of Snow in Chambery

There has been an unbelievable amount of snow falling in Chambery over the last several days. Some people are saying they've never seen this much snow here in the valley. Usually Chambery only gets a few inches on the ground each winter.

Needless to say, it's made driving difficult. (I already dinged our car during the last snow shower.) I was glad to have been able to drop my sister off at the airport the morning before all this happened, especially since the Lyon and Geneva airports were both closed the day after she left. Whew.

There was enough snow on our back balcony to build a little snow man! I feel very fortunate that I don't have to be anywhere soon and that I can enjoy the weather in such a nice, warm apartment. It is officially winter in my book. Stay safe my fellow Chamberians and all those traveling nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment