Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Twenty Something Birthday

Guess who came over to see me for my birthday? That's right, my mommy and daddy! (I'm never too old to call them mommy and daddy). Well, they didn't just come over for my birthday, but for an almost 3 week long stay that included in excursion up to Paris and Normandy. It was their first trip to Europe and we were excited to show them around a little.








My birthday fell on a weekend when all the museums in town were free. It was some kind of french history appreciation weekend. All I really knew is that it was FREE! (Nothing is ever free here). So, went to take a look inside Chambery's castle.









It was pretty cool seeing the castle, especially since we've lived in Chambery for almost 8 months, and had not visited it yet. The best part of the visit was climbing up the tower to get a better view of the village.




The chapel to the left once held the Shroud of Turin, the cloth that is believed to have covered Christ at the time of His burial. The shroud was later moved to the Cathedral of Saint John Baptist in Turin, Italy when Chambery became part of France.

Max and my dad picked out an awesome black forest cake for my birthday. It was so good and didn't last very long! It was a great follow up to the lasagna that my mom and I had made earlier that day. With her help, I FINALLY learned how to make a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment