Friday, July 31, 2009

Day Trip to Geneva, Switzerland

Max and I also took his parents to Geneva for the day. We did a lot of window shopping, I stress "window", for ridiculously expensive watches in the jewerly stores that seemed to be on every street corner. The chocolate was a little more in our budget, except for that 10 pound Toblerone bar...

In 1536 the Catholic cathedral of St. Peter (above) became a Protestant church. This is where John Calvin preached until 1564, making the cathedral a guiding center Protestanism. I couldn't help but personally appreciate this place.

The climb up the catherdal tower promised panoramic views of the city. The staircase was very narrow and short; I knocked my head on the ceiling at one of the low places, breaking my sunglasses and giving myself a good headache, but I was so worth it.

Max had visited Geneva before, on a trip he took back in high school. He remembers seeing this flower clock and taking pictures of it. We couldn't find it right away, but then practically stumbled across it after almost giving up our search. I still can't tell the time on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment