Monday, July 13, 2009

Back in Michigan

Max had to go back to Ohio for a 2 week long business trip in June. Instead of staying in France, all by my lonesome, we decided I should fly to Michigan to see my family and friends. Max was able to drive up to Michigan over the weekend and we celebrated his birthday a little early with some cheese cake and steaks!

I finally got to see my sister and brother-in-law's house in Grand Rapids! It's the perfect place for them and I know they'll enjoy it for many many years. They have a great kitchen were Rob is able to cook up his gourmet meals. I was also able to meet the newest addition to their family, Desi the cat. He's a very likable little guy.

I was even able to join in on some of the festivities surrounding my 10 year high school reunion. I still can't believe it's been 10 years already. It was great seeing everyone, especially the girls! It was also pretty fun catching up with people and getting to tell them that I live in France now. Who'd of thought that?

The last day of my visit, we got to celebrate Dad's birthday, which we combined with Father's Day, as is usually the case. My sister and brother-in-law drove over to complete our little party. I was so happy to be able to celebrate the occasion with family. And don't worry Dad, I didn't post your age for the world to see, thanks to Colleen's stragicially placed hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment